What are the health benefits of almonds?
Almonds are the edible seeds of Prunus dulcis, more commonly called the almond tree. They are native to the Middle East, but the US is now the world’s largest producer.
The health benefits of almonds are:
- Almonds are high in healthy monounsaturated fats, fiber, protein and various important nutrients
- Almonds are high in antioxidants that can protect your cells from oxidative damage
- Almonds are high sources of vitamin E
- Almonds Can Assist With Blood Sugar Control
- The magnesium in almonds may additionally help lower blood pressure levels.
- Almonds Can Lower Cholesterol Levels